POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mountains (68kbu) : Re: Mountains (68kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mountains (68kbu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 18 Feb 2002 12:19:44
Message: <3C7137AE.4916A2FF@gmx.de>
Josh English wrote:

> The Water is based on Christoff Horman's water tutorial, and the stars
> are from the standard stars.inc. The mountians are pure-POV. I'm having
> a few issues with the scene so far:
>
> Is the scale of the ship beleivable?

What ship? ;-)

I think the scale is right.

> I can't get the trees on the mountains to show up better in the dim
> light. I'm not sure if upping their ambient value will do what I want,
> since they should only be lit from the left.

Have you tried radiosity?

The trees look a bit like 'lego'.

> I hope the image isn't too dark. I rendered it on a Mac and it should be
> dark, but not too dark to see any details.

It's fairly bright here, maybe you should show a version without gamma
correction so everyone can adjust it for his individual monitor
characteristic.

The mountain on the left looks interesting, how was it done?

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,