POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : iso_csg include file (11+16k) : Re: iso_csg include file (11+16k) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:26:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iso_csg include file (11+16k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 18 Feb 2002 11:54:54
Message: <3C7131DD.BB27B916@gmx.de>
Hugo wrote:

> > Usage is still a bit ugly, but quite self explanatory, see the sample
> > scenes.
>
> Looks good. Can you apply transformations just as easily? Rotate, translate
> etc.. I don't know much about the transform { } syntax yet, but maybe it's
> useful for this.. Anyway you said "usage is still a bit ugly"..

This was referring to the way the functions are handled.  For the
transformations there are macros like ABX mentioned.

Note that you can also use constructions like:

#declare fn_1=
IC_Difference2(
  IC_Box(<-0.3,0,0>,<0.3,10,2>),
  IC_Cylinder(<-0.5,5,2>,<0.5,5,2>, 1)
)

which makes things better readable probably although it's still not
literally translatable from the conventinal CSG.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,