POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Volume Control Final [~33kbu] : Re: Volume Control Final [~33kbu] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Volume Control Final [~33kbu]
From: Ryan Mooney
Date: 17 Feb 2002 22:40:12
Message: <3C70779A.26403671@earthlink.net>
Thanks for the info "TeeBee"
The marble needs some shiny ness to it, or highlights from the light hitting it
like a pane of glass, most marbles have this if they are polished... ??
What version of pov are you using, you said not mega... ?? I prefer mega to
anything else right now... others are 2 buggy and i really am attached to the old
mac giu and cuz i took so much time to press to get the mega into the old shell i
will stick with it till 3.5 is "finished" and maybe thereafter...?? We shall
see... =]
I think the plastic looks fine in the second render, in the first it shows too
much gradient maybe that's just the compression though... ??

>>How did you know I have a window next to me? < looks around for spy cameras >

>>Blinn would be preferable,

I use phong & specular in all my images they go quite well together... =]

TTFN... =]