POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle System Explosion 2 : Re: Particle System Explosion 2 Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:31:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle System Explosion 2
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 15 Feb 2002 06:07:39
Message: <3C6CEBF9.4AC62DF5@gmx.de>
Rune wrote:

> [...]
>
> > What's seriously missing is the interaction with the
> > environment, meaning how the path of the explosion is
> > influenced by the surrounding objects
>
> Uh, I wouldn't know where to start with that. Could you verbally give an
> example of how the path of an explosion could be affected by its
> surroundings?

If you for example have some wall near the explosion facing it, the
explosion will be kept away from the back side of it, it will somehow
spread across the facing surface, unless the wall is destroyed by the
explosion of course.

> > and also how the objects are damaged by the explosion.
>
> I'll leave that to Chris Colefax's object exploder for now. I might
> integrate something into my own particle system at one point, but not in the
> first version.

You could start making a hole with some stuff scattered around at the
explosion origin.  This would not need to be well animated since it is
covered by the explosion when it occurs.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,