POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Wire (98kb file) : Re: Wire (98kb file) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:35:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wire (98kb file)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 14 Feb 2002 18:06:22
Message: <3C6C42E7.AA6B0BBD@gmx.de>
Well, you've used spheres and mapped the textures on them, right?

It does look better, but if you look closely at the shadows,
you'll notice that there are "jumps": suddenly a spherical
shadow disappears as the object (already totally
transparent at the time) is taken out of the scene.

I know this kind of problem, I had it too sometimes.
Perhaps your spheres don't end up 100% transparent,
due to the image-map (as I think it is) you're using?

As suggested on the first animation, I think adding some
twisting and swirling would look a lot better, but as
also mentioned, using image-maps and not real 3D clouds
makes that impossible...

--
Tim Nikias