POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle System Explosion : Re: Particle System Explosion Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:37:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle System Explosion
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 14 Feb 2002 17:57:08
Message: <3C6C40BF.638CDE73@gmx.de>
> I wonder if I had used a non-moving camera if it would have been
> as easy to tell?

Probably not, but as someone mentioned already, exact copies of the
same texture are pretty well recognizable...

> Apard from the shadows, I'd like to know how to make the fire and smoke look
> better if anyone have any hints. As i said, I've worked on it for a long
> time and am kind of unable to see if it looks wrong, and why.

One addition would be the rotation of the textures, but that won't work with
discs... If you imagine the great initial fireball as a torus, its easy to
explain:
the inner sides roll outwards and up, the outer sides inward an down...

> A printed version of your particle system??? I have no idea what you're
> talking about... :)

I wanted to take my PRINTER and PRINT the PARTICLE SYSTEM to
go it through BY HAND and look at DECLARATIONS and ALGORITHMS
to find optimisation possibilities (putting five sheets of paper with different
sections
aside of each other isn't that easy to be done on a computer)...
Heh, thinking of it, it's like looking at a hard-coded version... ;-)

> Well, I have reasons not to work on a media version right now. Basically, it
> will delay the release of my system. I just wanted to have *some* kind of
> explosion included in the first version of the package. :)

Aha. So we're approacing a particle rush? If you post yours, and it gets
popular,
mine won't have a chance... Ah, well.

--
Tim Nikias