POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP ORCA : Re: WIP ORCA Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:27:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP ORCA
From: Timothy R  Cook
Date: 13 Feb 2002 21:28:09
Message: <3C6B20AA.3490AAD5@scifi-fantasy.com>
Hugo wrote:
> It has potential and looks nice, but I have to ask why it took
> nearly 2 hours to trace on your mega-machine with 1.8 ghz?
> It looks to me like it's all super fast csg!

Actually it IS all super-fast CSG, I'm just implimenting the CSG
in a probably very-inefficient way.
I also group things with CSG merges so I can keep track of things in
Moray, which can't be helping.  Ah, you can nest groups.  Didn't
know that.  *FIXINNNNGGGGGGG*

> My ideas for further development: Some bubbles around would give
> a sense of scale.. I would decrease the fog effect to give more
> contrast..

Mmm yeahyep *nod* lessee...

> Some depth information would be good  (a background)..

What should I put as a background?

> I also think a normal in front of the camera might be good for
> an under-water effect (idea)...

I hadn't even been aware you could do such a thing.  How do you
do it in Moray?

> And I think .... normally the light would come more from above
> and not so much from the sides.. What about adding some lights
> on the thing itself?

Re light from above, I know, I want to eventually to photony thing,
and lights on the thing were slowing it down (I needed media to
see 'em right)

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com