POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle System Explosion : Re: Particle System Explosion Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:29:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle System Explosion
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 13 Feb 2002 17:29:05
Message: <3C6AE8A7.38991E0@gmx.de>
It does look really good, but by what I've seen your particle-system
do before, I was rather disappointed.
Thats just the case when you normally post animations that get
comments like "Jesus! I need to dig into POV a LOT more!" ;-)

As others have mentioned already, it looks 3D-Game-esque,
not POV-RAY. I mean, hey? What did you expect? We're
talking about the one, the only, the freeware raytracer
POV-Ray! Doh!  ;-)

Okay, I do like POV-Ray a lot...

And you post an animation just as I'm about to take the
next two non-computer weeks to work through a printed
version of my Particle-System, and finally get it finished,
now that my IRTC-Entry (my first!) has been sent in...

Hooya! (Starship Troopers Battle Cry)

See ya, and I'll just hope you'll post a media-version in a few
days (hey, you've got two weeks, then I'll be back!) ;-)

--
Tim Nikias