POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Last Post on WIP IRTC - Worldbowl : Last Post on WIP IRTC - Worldbowl Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Last Post on WIP IRTC - Worldbowl
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 10 Feb 2002 10:51:50
Message: <3C6696FD.9141D8A5@gmx.de>
This is what I've brewed up ocer the weekend.

Some major changes:
The "real" ocean and clouds are now made with planes,
instead of spheres. This gives better results for the
distant clouds. Also, the real clouds are placed in a
seperate lightgroup, so no shadow rays should be
passed from them on the scene (I hope this improves
tracing time a little).
The table was adjusted with more tiles, the image
on the wall replaced with a different one I've made
some time ago using only POV. This was done to get
rid of any non-POV-Elements in scene, excluding the
image-maps.

Added the flowers, the notebook and a pencil. The text on
the notebook was taken from my "Loveletters" image,
an image I made with "Worlds within Worlds" and RL
in mind (RL is the reason I didn't want to submit it, as well
as slightly off-topic).

Yes, the clouds (real and mini) are missing, otherwise you'd be
looking at the final version, and that one takes way longer...

Well, hope you like it. I'll sort the files now and add enough
comments for others to get the idea of what I've done.

Thanks for any comments (even suggestions are still welcome,
though they probably won't make it into the IRTC-Entry).

PS: I didn't add a shoreline to the "real" ocean, since I
don't have much experience on that, and didn't want to mess
the image up.

--
Tim Nikias

Attachments: