POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Sorry, I'm still obsessed with cloths (MPEG1) : Re: Sorry, I'm still obsessed with cloths (MPEG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sorry, I'm still obsessed with cloths (MPEG1)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 9 Feb 2002 19:05:05
Message: <3C65B922.537B0D6D@gmx.de>
Looks really good!

Some things I that popped into my mind:

your problem with those black triangles may be
due to the lightsource positioned behind the triangle
(even it is not, I don't know if it could pop up during
tracing when POV thinks that the surface normal
of the triangle points the other direction, don't know,
only something that popped up). Perhaps try
double_illuminate on the cloth (as long as it really
is very thin).

Do you have cloth-cloth collision yet?
And how does your programm work: write
hundreds of files for POV-Ray to render,
or what?

I'm really curious!

--
Tim Nikias