POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Latest IRTC WIP - Worldbowl : Re: IRTC WIP - Worldbowl Version 2 Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP - Worldbowl Version 2
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 9 Feb 2002 18:53:01
Message: <3C65B64E.699DAD63@gmx.de>

> 1. the groove on the desk... seems like it should be deeper, or there should
> be more of them, or it shouldn't be there at all

I'll use more.

> 2. a little bit of land and a shoreline and maybe some rocks outside the
> window would be good, so it doesn't look like the house is *right* on the
> water

I'll look if I can come up with the time for that...

> 3. the clouds don't look right on the horizon.... i suspect a layered
> sky_sphere texture. try a plane instead.

There are in fact 30 spheres with radius 2600 (or something around
that) using a texture, but I'll see, what I can do...

> 4. consider working on the water texture, it looks sort of plastic-ish,
> although i doubt i could do much better.

Well, I didn't use specular or phong highlighting, but just reflection,
but perhaps the exponent has to be adjusted a little. Again, I'll
look into it...

Thanks for the suggestions!
--
Tim Nikias