POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Latest IRTC WIP - Worldbowl : Latest IRTC WIP - Worldbowl Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Latest IRTC WIP - Worldbowl
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 8 Feb 2002 21:52:31
Message: <3C648ED5.EE5FA8B6@gmx.de>
I've traced long days with focal blur, but gave
up after it took a day for some 40 lines (and I was
heading for 768) when it reached the glassbowl
you'll see in the image. I'll go for antialiasing,
but will someday have my computer running
mad with the focal version.

I don't have much time, RL did not have too much
good experiences lately, and RL also expects
me to stay away from my computer after the
18. of february, so I'm kinda running late
for my entry on the IRTC. It's my first go,
and I thought that maybe posting it here could
hand me some interesting comments and suggestions.

Several things up front:
-I know, the image is dark. Its best viewed in a dark
room, fullscreen (or with black background). Hey,
its a night image!
-The only two image-maps used were needed for
the accurate moon-texture (a real sphere, by the
way) and the image on the wall (a different idea
I posted some time ago, also concerned with
the "Worlds within Worlds" topic).
-No media are used!
-The spotlight should not be set to arealights,
since I'd lose the cloud's shadows, and tracing
time goes beyond the time I have.

I do want to give very detailed explanations in
my IRTC-Accompanying Text-File (and the ZIP
should conain really everything needed for tracing),
but I'll answer all questions nontheless...

Hope somebody likes it!

--
Tim Nikias

Attachments: