POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : texture transparency and radiosity : Re: texture transparency and radiosity Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture transparency and radiosity
From: Dean
Date: 8 Feb 2002 20:08:42
Message: <3C6476B3.4CEB45F@twoalpha.net>
Guys,

I re-loaded a few 3.1 scripts that had given me problems this way in the past.
POV 3.5 has made a liar out of me, sorry for the alarm.  I think I am
interpreting a different problem now NOT related to the transparent color since,
coincidentally, that is a similar  appearance.  Sometimes it works and sometimes
it fails.

One other thing I did was to cut holes in a mesh2 object using a CSG
difference.  The messages said this is not allowed but the effect was
successful.  I find this as a useful operation and see no reason for making it
illegal. Please don't fix it ;).

The only thing that did was the not happen was the material didn't fill the
intersection like it often does for pure csg differences due to the surface
nature of the mesh2 object.  Perhaps this created leaks in the mesh and caused
the lighting problems for me.

Thanks for your suggestions and advice here.

Dean