POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cloth on sphere family : Re: Cloth on sphere family Server Time
20 Jul 2024 05:30:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth on sphere family
From: Grey Knight
Date: 8 Feb 2002 09:06:26
Message: <3C63DB59.5246CE4@namtar.qub.ac.uk>
Chaz wrote:
> If their mass was infinite, the cloth would be drawn towards the spheres and
> not the ground.

Inertial mass, not gravitational mass. In RL they are equivalent (big up
to Einstein!), but in raytracing we can fiddle about with physical laws
anyway we want. I'm betting the cloth simply falls straight down without
any reference to gravitational forces whatsoever.

--
signature{
  "Grey Knight" contact{ email "gre### [at] yahoocom" }