POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : photo: no trace! (44kB bu) : Re: photo: no trace! (44kB bu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photo: no trace! (44kB bu)
From: Matti Raitoharju
Date: 7 Feb 2002 21:58:54
Message: <3C633FE3.5D8E2A37@dlc.fi>

> Hi there,
>
> I found this fern pic on the net. If one would make a POV scene like this
> everyone (including myself) would say that it looks too much like plastic
> *lol*
> In fact this is a pic of a real fern. No fake :-)
>
> Nature is fun, isn't it?
> regards
> SY
>
> PS: sorry for posting a NONraytraced pic...

I have some suggestions for you:
    Add more light sources to your room (or even an area light)
    Try to straighten the leaves they are little bit too curved for now
    Add some more texture to leaves to look not so plastic (for example with
sand-paper algorithm)
    wider camera angle would be nice
    the center of the leaves(i don't know correct word for this one) is too
dark, try to add some green pigment at those
    the background texture (at upper left corner) is quite ugly, put a new
wallpaper =)
    and I would like to see it if there were some media fog effect  (f.e.
with smoking inside algorithm)
    Otherwise quite nice although it isn't really raytraced, but that ray
capture method looks almost as good=)

and sorry about my bad english (and the fact that clock is here 5 am doesn't
make it any better)

Matti