POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : texture transparency and radiosity : Re: texture transparency and radiosity Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:30:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture transparency and radiosity
From: Dean
Date: 6 Feb 2002 22:14:23
Message: <3C61EE21.D5E6D02E@twoalpha.net>
Christoph,

A transparent surface like glass for example works fine.  What I am talking
about is a .GIF texture with an assigned color to be transparent, such as:

#declare mypigment =
pigment
{
 image_map
 {
   gif "lattice.gif"
  transmit 21, 0
 filter   21, 1}
 scale <1.000000, 1.000000, 1.000000>
 }

where color 21 is the transparent color that I want radiosity to go through.
Light sources will go through the transparent color but radiosity will not.
I will make a scene tonight to post to the binary section a bit later.

Dean