POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Half-toning (2 images) : Re: Half-toning (2 images) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Half-toning (2 images)
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 6 Feb 2002 04:08:26
Message: <3C60F2C9.489342A8@engineer.com>
Zeger Knaepen wrote:

> thanks, Kari Kivisalo :)

I don't have time to improve the code so I posted it to
binaries.scene-files since there is interest in it.

Something to try: sample from color image with a set of color
pens, for outlines sample from high-pass/edge detected image
with higher sample rate, use gaussian distributed random numbers,
use functions to find the gradient directly.

These look surprisinly artsy. I bet someone is thinking of
making the next "Snowman" :)

Kari Kivisalo