POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : cloth-cloth collissions : Re: cloth-cloth collissions Server Time
19 Jul 2024 23:33:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cloth-cloth collissions
From: Mark James Lewin
Date: 5 Feb 2002 23:33:39
Message: <3C60AD83.B61F9D2B@yahoo.com.au>
Apache wrote:

> My cloth algorithm works with (very stiff) springs between 'atoms'.

Yes, thats it. Reminds me of a stiff rubber sheet.

> > What is the speed decrease when using your internal collision detection?
>
> Not sure what you mean by this.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant to ask about the extra time it takes
to calculate this collision detection.

> When 2 atoms come too near eachother I simply put a spring between them that
> pushes them apart.

Ah... the same method that Clothray (in POVMan) uses. I have some feel over how
much longer this collision detection takes to determine :-) The results, though,
look worth the wait.

> (I built some bounding box trick in order to detect near atoms very fast.
> I'll start rendering some more animations showing just those boxes and put
> them on http://geitenkaas.dns2go.com/experiments/. I'll let you know when
> they're up.)

Is it just me, or do other people enjoy these sort of "show the inner workings"
too? I do it alot with my particle system.

--
text{ttf"timrom.ttf"concat(#local O=1;#while(O<7)chr(val(substr(concat(#local Q=
1;#while(Q<7)str(asc(substr("???<?>",Q,1))-56,0,0),#local Q=Q+1;#end""),O,2))),#