POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : cloth-cloth collissions : Re: cloth-cloth collissions Server Time
19 Jul 2024 23:31:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cloth-cloth collissions
From: andrel linnenbank
Date: 5 Feb 2002 16:53:27
Message: <3C6053E8.5404D0FB@amc.uva.nl>
Apache wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just finished a test with my cloth-cloth collission thing. I included a
> divx avi with this message. But if you're not able to view the thing. Check
> http://geitenkaas.dns2go.com/experiments/
> The cloth06tests are with cloth-cloth collission detection.

I like it very much. Like the others I think that you need some friction
to get rid of some energy in order to stop the motion a bit earlier.
I also think that the value for your force that resists the bending between
your elements is too high. Otherwise, brilliant work.

I am also curious what programs you use to compute the motion.

> (I was actually jumping up and down when I got the first image that showed
> me that it actually worked!)
>
> -- too many idle loops? visit http://www.imp.org/ and take care of it! --

Great idea, I'll give them a call.