POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worlds within Worlds WIP - What d'ya think? : Re: Worlds within Worlds WIP - What d'ya think? Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worlds within Worlds WIP - What d'ya think?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 4 Feb 2002 16:22:57
Message: <3C5EFB9E.AFBB8630@gmx.de>
> The landscape detail in image one is not apparent in the latest image.
> Perhaps increasing the contrast would bring out more of the detail. Also, I
> liked the clouds in image one.

Well, in the latest image, the overall detail of the heightfield is lowered
(instead of using 400x400 pixels, it uses 40x40), thus there is not
much to be seen of the slope-maps. What about the colors, I thought
you meant them?
And, the latest image is just a rough compostion, the clouds use lots of
tracing time (50 discs..., all throwing shadows... refraction...reflection....)

> The water looks a just a little artificial to me as well. Are you using
> light-fading?

Which water? The "real" ocean, or the tiny one? On the real one, I don't
use light-fading, and there is also no specular or phong highlighting in use,
but only exponential and variable reflection.
The tiny ocean is lit by a fading lightsource, but perhaps the color isn't
fitting?

> Of course all of this is just my opinion.

I hope so, that's what I asked for! ;)

--
Tim Nikias