POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Force???!!!??? : Re: Force???!!!??? Server Time
16 May 2024 13:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Force???!!!???
From: John VanSickle
Date: 4 Feb 2002 01:40:17
Message: <3C5E2E20.CACA8FC7@hotmail.com>

> Some days ago I downloaded almost all the submitted animations for the
> topic "Force". I was surprised on how many people EVIDENTLY were
> working in something totally unrelated to the topic and decided to
> invent a very unconvincing explanation to be able to post their work
> in the contest.
>
> I found it very annoying to spend too much bandwidth/time/money in
> those animations. Future contestants: Please be ethical and don't post
> your current work if it was never inspired on that topic.
>
> On the other hand, the ones that DID have something to do with the
> topic, Force, were very very interesting and awe-inspiring, especially
> the one of gravity and the planets... Very well done. I can't remember
> who did that one, but it was really nice.

When I judge an animation, I watch it prior to reading the accompanying
test file, and with the sound off.  If I can't figure out that is going
on in the animation, I award a 1 for the concept score.  If I can't
understand the relationship between the action I see and the topic, I
award from 2 to 5.

Be that as it may, sometimes the animations run on different meanings
of the topic phrase.  For example, I took Force as "the Force" as
referred to in the Star Wars movies, and went with that idea.  I put
the subtitle in there so that it would be obvious.

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459