POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb) : Re: WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb)
From: John Haiducek
Date: 3 Feb 2002 20:17:06
Message: <3C5DE111.4090900@umich.edu>
Txemi-

 > I have decided to use Poser, so maybe some objects must change their
 > position.

Good idea! People in the image would liven it up even more!

It's usually recommended to have objects face the inside of your picture
(to encourage people to look /into/ the scene.) I'd actually rotate the
baby walker around again so it's facing the inside of the scene (but
still not so much in front of the chair leg as it was before.)

I really like the bulletin board and the clock.

Maybe some subtle stains and/or smudges on the wall would make it look
more realistic.

Stephen Bell wrote:

 > Is your floor a repeating image map?  It would be nicer if the
 > woodgrain wasn't the same in each tile.  If it is an image map, a
 > simple solution would be to make the square tile transparent in a GIF,
 > then put a wood texture underneath the whole thing.

You might also be able to fix that with a clever use of warps or
material maps.

Skip Talbot wrote:

> As for the moire on the board.  I read a technique for eliminating such a
> problem in a scene description of a Norbert Kern IRTC entry (Spirit of
> Asia).  He rendered his scene at a much higher resolution then what he
> submitted and then reduced the resolution in Photoshop, allowing the
> resizing filters to compress a fine texture without the geometric patterns.
> http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2001-12-31/chado.txt

I would think some work with adaptive anti-aliasing would fix it, too.

John Haiducek