POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WwW IRTC WIP (45.2KB) : Re: WwW IRTC WIP (45.2KB) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WwW IRTC WIP (45.2KB)
From: Grey Knight
Date: 1 Feb 2002 05:01:28
Message: <3C5A6771.55ADCAE5@namtar.qub.ac.uk>
jimbobjim wrote:
> I was thinking I would build up a library of 'plumbing parts' to
> interconnect them. You know sort of  T-junctions, s-bends and maybe a stock
> cock or two. I'm not yet sure of  whether to go with a straight cubic
> lattice of cells (or even something a little more complicated like the
> atomic structure of silicon???) or go for something a little more random on
> the lines of Gilles Trans Pipe macro.

This is probably an inefficient way of doing this but...
Take a 3-dimensional array, with all elements set to zero ("no
content").  Have POV randomly set some of them to 1 ("cell sphere"); now
have POV go through each zero element, looking at the blocks around it,
and set them to various numbers representing ("straight pipe"), ("corner
yX"; that is, corner between -y and +x directions), etc depending on the
positioning of the cells around that block. Then tell POV to place all
the relevant objects based on your array contents.

> Either way, I still don't know how to apply the rust stains and lichen
> etc...

Perhaps a bozo texture? (with extra turb)

--
signature{
  "Grey Knight" contact{ email "gre### [at] yahoocom" }