POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Animation Question : Re: Animation Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Question
From: Les Patterson
Date: 31 Jan 2002 17:39:34
Message: <3C59E472.8030508@txcyber.com>
Bob,
  Thanks for your help in both replies.
Here are the object and camera coordinates that I'm working with right now.

camera location <0, 15, -6>
        look_at < 0, 15, 0>

object position #1 <8, 12, -8>//starting position
        position #2 <-45, 12, 50>//crossing from right to left in front
of camera as it travels into the distance.
        position #3 < 0, 50, 60>
        position #4 <45, 12, 50>//pos#2, #3 & #4 should make an arch
going across from left to right.
        position #5 <-8, 12, -8>//ending the path just outside of camera
view on left.

I understand how to use (From, Using, & To) for the movements, but the
spline/path is giving me problems now. Also, if I can figure out the
spline coordinates, I might just close the end of the path closest to
camera and have a full figure8, keeping everything in front of the
camera. I can get straight lines and curved lines but now crisscrossing
lines or figure 8 yet.

Thanks again for the help,
Les