POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WwW IRTC WIP (45.2KB) : Re: WwW IRTC WIP (45.2KB) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WwW IRTC WIP (45.2KB)
From: Grey Knight
Date: 31 Jan 2002 06:11:15
Message: <3C59264C.2C06C8F8@namtar.qub.ac.uk>
I quite like it!
Some rust stains'd be good; also maybe some more detail around the
window (sort of "frame" bit moulded into the concrete). Perhaps a bit of
granite in the concrete texture, and some patches of lichen or
something? Don't forget to set up the textures so that each cell has
different patterns of rust/lichen (try: leave cell untextured, then
apply texture over union of all cells on this scale level)

[This next bit is largely an excuse for me to mess about with ASCII art]

In what way will the cells be connected? I assume from the sticky-out
bit that it will be at least:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o

But is there also:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o
| | | | | | |
o-o-o-o-o-o-o
| | | | | | |
o-o-o-o-o-o-o

or even:
    o-o-o-o-o-o-o
  o-o-o-o-o-o-o o
o-o-o-o-o-o-o o o
o-o-o-o-o-o-o o
o-o-o-o-o-o-o

--
signature{
  "Grey Knight" contact{ email "gre### [at] yahoocom" }