POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How do you make a scene? : Re: How do you make a scene? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do you make a scene?
From: John VanSickle
Date: 30 Jan 2002 13:17:51
Message: <3C583A1A.8771F489@hotmail.com>
Rik A wrote:

> Hello! (my first ever post to this newsgroup!)
>
> What I'd like to know is how people go about constructing a scene
> (more detailed than 'sphere on plane'!)

You decide what you want to put into the scene.

Then you figure out what objects need to be used, and where they are
placed, to create the objects you want.

You place the camera, too, of course.

Then you either type out the scene code (like I do), or use a modeler.

> I know that a lot of people just hand-code everything - if you are one
> of these people, how do you go about the whole scene-creation process.

I generally sketch out things on paper, so that I can get a handle of
how everything is supposed to line up.  I also create scenes and
objects that involve a great deal of math, in order to get objects to
join smoothly, and I have pages of notes, all full of sketches and
algebra.

Regards,
John
--