POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oranges, 2nd State (94 K ) : Re: Oranges, 2nd State (94 K ) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oranges, 2nd State (94 K )
From: Jim Charter
Date: 29 Jan 2002 13:47:13
Message: <3C56F0AC.ED6EDA1F@aol.com>
Patrick Dugan wrote:

> I also feel the "opened" orange is a bit too cleanly opened and the contents
> (I assuming the flesh is from the opened orange) would not have fit through
> the opening made in that orange.  In fact I have never seen the contents of
> an orange come cleanly out of the interior of the skin since they are so
> well attached.

Yes the peels do need more work.  Probably there sould be thre pieces and the
edges much more ragged.  I just can't think how to do it at the moment.  Right
now. one piece is an intersection with some blobs, the other a difference with
the same set of blobs. Maybe I can get more blobs with a greater range of scale
involved.

> The glass container in the background might benefit through the use of
> photons.

Never even thought if that one!  Have never used photons.  Mmm scary.  Will look
into it.