POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oranges, 2nd State (94 K ) : Re: Oranges, 2nd State (94 K ) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oranges, 2nd State (94 K )
From: Jim Charter
Date: 29 Jan 2002 13:34:51
Message: <3C56EDC6.A64C7775@aol.com>
Nekar Xenos wrote:

> Make the textures in the oranges semi transparent and fill with scattering
> media. problem is, it will take a lot longer to render...

Good idea, especially since traditional still life with sliced open lemons or the
like often seem to emphasize the transparency.  The texture had a slight
transparency as it stands now, .15 I think.  But it would be interesting to use
more and with scattering media.  Without a deadline looming, render times are no
obstacle.