POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - IRTC-Entry - Worldbowl : Re: WIP - IRTC-Entry - Worldbowl Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - IRTC-Entry - Worldbowl
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 25 Jan 2002 08:32:51
Message: <3C515E63.3E91ABAB@gmx.de>

>        Nice idea! I especially like the green 'Algae/seaweed?'  base of your
> mountain. I hope I'm not being rude here and it's a small forest?!  ;)

It will become a small forest... (yeah, I got the joke!)

>     Carry on with it, it shows great promise for an excellent image. There's
> so much you could add to this.... Whales, dolphins, a ship, possibly the sun
> somewhere, or stars and moonlight....

Thanks. I did want to create a starfield on the left, and a sunny side on the
right side, but I'll look into that later, when I've finished the clouds with
scattering media to an extent that makes it possible to judge if that
day-night-gradient
is really a good idea...

>  ...and there are 35 days to go!   :^))  <--  ( ...happy that there are that
> many... ;)

Not for me. On the 18. I've got to do a seminar for my civil service, and it
goes on
till the first of march! No computers there, so I've haven't got that much time.
But
even if I don't enter the IRTC, I'll finish the image, I personally like the
idea very
much...
--
Tim Nikias