POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photons, lighting, reflection... WIP : Re: Photons add-on Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons add-on
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 22 Jan 2002 16:44:34
Message: <3C4DDD1D.9E63D746@gmx.de>
I am using POV-Ray3.5 Beta, OF COURSE... It's just the
best you can get (I still think some 1000$ aren't up to
what POV can do, and does!).

You are right about switching lights with photons and
without, but I think you are right, it depends on
density (at least that what it looks like to me during all
those smaller test-renders I'm doing), not on rgb. So
there is no need for two lightsources.
Thanks anyway.

Yup, the object is made of brass (at least its supposed to
be, you never know... ;) and its something a brother
of mine made in some manufacturing practicum
(though not as clean and polished...).

--
Tim Nikias