POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photons, lighting, reflection... WIP : Re: Photons, lighting, reflection... WIP Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons, lighting, reflection... WIP
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 22 Jan 2002 15:14:40
Message: <3C4DC80B.5E7194DF@gmx.de>

> Very nice.

Thanks

> Hmm, brass?

That'd be it!

> The highlights look pretty good imo.

Thanks again.

> Now, perhaps I'm totally wrong, but I believe that all those settings that Kari and
> others suggested you work best with radiosity (and assumed_gamma 1).
> But have to admit I like the dim lighting of this one.

Now I don't get the actual sense of this sentence: should I use
the "settings Kari and others suggested", or should I go for
radiosity (since they didn't mention that)?

Also, something strange occured on my in a test: I had colored
reflections, and then, all of a sudden, the colors wheren't in
shades of <.7,.4,0>^x, but instead also blues (no where's
the blue in <.7,.4,0>?). I do want to look at it more closely,
but since the lightsource has some blue in it, that might be
why...

--
Tim Nikias