POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known Bugs 21 Jan 2002 : Re: Known Bugs 21 Jan 2002 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known Bugs 21 Jan 2002
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 21 Jan 2002 15:24:46
Message: <3C4C78E7.C68AF719@gmx.de>
I've checked the bug list and couldn't find anything that looks like it
has to do with the "Severe Lightbug, probably concerned with
Macros... (long post)", and I came across it again. The bug isn't
that easy to reproduce.
In the newest case I've used macros to place Objects again,
and now, I get red (!) artefacts on a CSG-difference-surface.

Actually, I've differenced a cone and two spheres from a
superellipsoid, and depending on angle towards the CSG-
hole, red artefacts appear at the rim, or even areas of the
surface. They're not randomly scattered like the typical
coincidence surface problem, and their also RED, which I
think is somewhat strange, since there is no pure red
in scene (only shades of grey). In this case, commenting out
a variable reflection with falloff and exponent cures the
bug, but that is actually needed!

Perhaps someone could at least download the scene-files I
posted and either confirm or deny the appearance. But this
one really starts to bug me, I thought macros would make
object-creation much easier... :(

Thanks, although I am probably creating some trouble, and
being excuse me for be annoying...
I really think it's a bug!

Tim
--