POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Mac Beta 10 issues : Re: Mac Beta 10 issues Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mac Beta 10 issues
From: Josh English
Date: 19 Jan 2002 17:18:47
Message: <3C49F0BA.1DF58CAC@spiritone.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <3C488D32.D198DD54@spiritone.com> , Josh English
> <eng### [at] spiritonecom>  wrote:
>
> > 2. The template menu doesn't load. I never knew how much I used it until
> > it was gone. I checked the preference to load the template menu
> > automatically and it didn't work. I can't test trashing prefs and
> > restarting because of...
>
> Did you take a look at the Mac beta download page?  It would help...

It loaded in Beta 9. I knew I couldn't edit it in any way, but the menu
only has the first few items and they are all greyed out. If the
template menu doens't come up on your machine at all in Beta 10, then
the page should say so, IMHO.

> > 3. Every time I launch POV-Ray my system gives me a -18 error. (Driver Can't
> > respond to Status Call). The text of the error message is "The
> > Application "POV-Ray Mac 3.5" could be opened because "POV-Ray Mac 3.5"
> > could be found (-18)."
>
> > I'm trying to find some information on this error, because I do suspect
> > my system is part of the problem.
>
> Did you try to re-install your system?

System was installed fresh with a brand new hard drive (20 Gig to
replace the 4 Gig that I had). I've got disk first aid and Norton
running all the time. I am positive that this is the system because
MegaPov 0.7, POV 3.5, and my Python apps are giving me the same error. I
can't find anything on Apple's site that helps me trouble shoot this
one, and I am beginning to suspect that OS 9.2.2 doens't like a 20 Gig
drive that isn't partitioned down.

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom
http://www.spiritone.com/~english