POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Orthographic support broken : Re: Orthographic support broken Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orthographic support broken
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 19 Jan 2002 16:53:42
Message: <3C49EA5B.2060806@skynet.be>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> The behavior might be intuitive and useful, but the syntax used to make
> it currently is not.

Really ?
If my memory serves well, in first betas of P3.0 (1996), orthographic
has to be set with up and right.  Later, they introduced the
"automatic" adjustement.  Pretty simple : put orthographic *after*
distance or angle, and it will try to match.  I always found that
very intuitive.

Basically, all that matters to me (and many others, I suppose) is
having the ability to set the "automatic approximate orthographic"
easily.

BTW, why was that change (being more strict about perspective type
declaration) needed ?

And, given the number of potential broken scenes, isn't it more
of a potential support problem than anything else ?

Fabien.