POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Does POV-Ray 3.1 exploit any coherence? : Re: Does POV-Ray 3.1 exploit any coherence? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does POV-Ray 3.1 exploit any coherence?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 17 Jan 2002 07:48:40
Message: <3C46C815.95F78E09@gmx.de>
Andre Wesseling wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there any technique implemented in POV-Ray (especially in version 3.1) that
> makes use of coherence? If so, which kind of coherence (spatial, temporal) is used?

I'm not sure what you mean with coherence, but in case you are talking
about quantum physics related effects ('coherent light'), raytracing in
general does not simulate such effects and photon mapping does not either
(although this could possibly be extended)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>