POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : mpeg2encode : Re: mpeg2encode Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:38:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mpeg2encode
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 14 Jan 2002 23:04:43
Message: <3C43AA5F.1997341@buckosoft.com>
David F wrote:

> Bjarne Nygaard wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > I believe that povray has dropped generation of separate files
> > for each colour some time ago. I also several years ago started using
> > this coding to mpeg generation. Since I went to the .ppm format as this
> > was supported by the encoder.
> > I have used both mpeg2encode and mpeg_encode. Now I only use the latter.
> > You should be able to find as mpeg_encode-1.5b*.
>
> I am having povray output the files as .ppm, since, as you said, it is
> suppotred by mpeg2encode.  However, I have not had this problem when I have
> genereated animations in the past under the same conditions.  I am sure
> there's something I'm missing, but I'm not sure what it is.

Have you really gotten mpeg2encode to work?  I was never able to get it to
generate an mpeg2.

Many others have said they got it to work but when i said "Show me the PAR",
it turns out they were generating mpeg1.  If you have a working .PAR file
for an mpeg2, i would love to see it.

If you are generating mpeg1, i think mpeg_encode makes much nicer mpegs.
(I am currently churning a 702x512x3100 mpeg1. http://www.buckosoft.com/bsac/ )

I have also hacked mpeg_encode to accept png as an input.  If you like 1.5b,
you should try mine...
http://www.buckosoft.com/gallery/tools/mpeg_encode/

--
           _,--"