POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Platonic solids : Re: Platonic solids Server Time
2 Sep 2024 10:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Platonic solids
From: Herman Serras
Date: 14 Jan 2002 08:42:12
Message: <3C42E03E.26BF4F96@pandora.be>
Hello,
This is very well done. I appreciate that you are putting the sources
available.
The macros to define a square and a pentagon as a mesh of triangles are
a very good idea!
I also have some include files concerning polyhedra and using "polygon"
often gives problems concerning the planarity. I think it's better to
use triangles.
I see you're inscribing the platonic solids in a sphere. That's the most
symetrical way to do it but startin from a cube is mathematically more
easy.
You can find some examples on my website.
Friendly greetings.

Deaken wrote:

> As mentioned in p.b.i...

> // Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer Include File
> // File: platonic.inc
> // Vers: 0.9
> // Desc: This file provides untextured versions of the five Platonic solids,

... skipped

--
Herman Serras
Gent (Belgium)