POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Platonic Solids : Re: Platonic Solids Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Platonic Solids
From: Ken
Date: 14 Jan 2002 02:23:15
Message: <3C42878A.1E0BE9BD@pacbell.net>
Deaken wrote:

> I was afraid of that.  In real life, they're not that big (see below).
> I suspected something was wrong when it took forever to upload them.
> Damn, I hate Netscape.
>
> $ ls -1s --block-size=1 *.png
> 798720 delurk.png
> 405504 soliddemo.png
> $

> Anyone have any idea why that happened?

I was guessing at the 2 meg limit. After I downloaded 1.35 megs I gave up
and the second image was only 1/3 through. Remember to add about 30% for
message encoding.

> I'll throw them up on the web somewhere, I guess, and post a pointer.

Or you can do as most people do and use image compression on the images
you post here. With .png you should be able to reduce your file sizes
by as much as 70% and still not lose image quality.

> I'm really sorry, folks.  All I can say in my defense is that that was
> not intentional, and completely unexpected.

No real harm done. We try not to cancel too many posts around here but
it happens occasionally.

--
Ken Tyler - News Admin.