POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Platonic Solids : Re: Platonic Solids Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Platonic Solids
From: Deaken
Date: 14 Jan 2002 01:54:11
Message: <3C42808F.20BD16C7@sw-tech.com>
Ken wrote:

> Deaken,

Hey.

> I was forced to cancel your post due to the extreme size of the files
> you posted.

[snip]

> We prefer it if your images are no larger than about 200k in
> size

[snip]

> 2 megs was way out of line.

I was afraid of that.  In real life, they're not that big (see below).
I suspected something was wrong when it took forever to upload them.
Damn, I hate Netscape.

$ ls -1s --block-size=1 *.png
798720 delurk.png
405504 soliddemo.png
$

Similarly:

SOLIDD~1 PNG       402,225  01-13-02  9:17p soliddemo.png
DELURK   PNG       793,964  01-13-02  9:16p delurk.png

Anyone have any idea why that happened?

I'll throw them up on the web somewhere, I guess, and post a pointer.

I'm really sorry, folks.  All I can say in my defense is that that was
not intentional, and completely unexpected.

Deaken (trying to get slrn working to read/post here)