POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : mpeg2encode : Re: mpeg2encode Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mpeg2encode
From: Bjarne Nygaard
Date: 13 Jan 2002 16:23:06
Message: <3C41FABF.BF6AD747@post4.tele.dk>
David F wrote:

> I am trying to generate an mpeg animation using mpeg2encode from files I
> generated using POVRay.  I keep getting this error:
>

> Couldn't create */.Y
>
> Anyone else have this problem.  This is the first time that I'm getting
> this eror from mpeg2encode.  I know my permissions are set correctly.  My
> machine is running Slackware 8.0
>
> --
>
> David
> smuchrusher <at> ameritech <dot> net
> ICQ#: 118347772
>
> 11:28pm up 3 days, 2:47, 0 users, load average: 3.65, 3.51, 3.49

Hi,
I believe that povray has dropped generation of separate files
for each colour some time ago. I also several years ago started using
this coding to mpeg generation. Since I went to the .ppm format as this
was supported by the encoder.
I have used both mpeg2encode and mpeg_encode. Now I only use the latter.
You should be able to find as mpeg_encode-1.5b*.

cu.
Bjarne
|             Bjarne Nygaard at home: bny### [at] post4teledk                |
|          ---this space is not intentionally left blank---            |