POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: POV vs. Polyray and Colors: I feel nitpicky tonight! :o) (800kbu) : Re: POV vs. Polyray and Colors: I feel nitpicky tonight! :o) (800kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV vs. Polyray and Colors: I feel nitpicky tonight! :o) (800kbu)
From: Dearmad
Date: 11 Jan 2002 21:57:59
Message: <3C3FA796.99F290D0@applesnake.net>
Tim Riley wrote:

> I felt that the polyray image was "fuzzier" than the povray one and the
> difference bears that out; the differences are at the boundaries/borders.
> What anti-aliasing settings were used in both? Does it make a difference?

Hm... the aliasing shouldn't have gone as far as the differences
image said it did... should it?  I think the "differences" image
needs to be defined, differences in colors? intensities?
saturation? what?

yeah that would make a difference for edges between colors, but
no- the differences are NOT all at the boundaries, the R/G ratio
to her ENTIRE hair is about a constant 4 vs. 3, that is a large
difference in interpreting what the color fo red ought to look
like between raytracers.

-peter
--
Current obsession: "Ballet pour ma fille."
http://www.applesnake.net