POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : iso-sphere-sweep - second example : Re: iso-sphere-sweep - second example Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iso-sphere-sweep - second example
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 6 Jan 2002 21:32:04
Message: <3C390833.A0FC691C@hotmail.com>
Batronyx wrote:

> If you and Tor just put your heads together, we can all enjoy something like we
> might find here:
>
> http://www.softy3d.com
>
> Looking forward to more. :)

I am afraid that the images made with Softy 3d are meshes,
not iso-surfaces.

And doing some of the shapes shown at Softy 3D's gallery
page with iso-surfaces requires a LOT of thinking.

But one thing that would be nice is if we had a utility
for converting a POV iso-surface to a mesh.

I have never looked into a problem of this kind before,
so I don't know how difficult that would be.

Tor Olav