POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : iso_sphere_sweep : Re: iso_sphere_sweep Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iso_sphere_sweep
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 4 Jan 2002 22:50:21
Message: <3C367791.DA85CD68@hotmail.com>

> f_sphere_sweep( APoint, ARadius )
>
> And as result of f_sphere_sweep() macro I've ready function of this linear
> sphere_sweep and I can add some transformations, combinations and noises.

I think I understand what you are up to.

Are you planning for non-linear sweeps
between the points as well ?

E.g. cubic splines ?

> > Both contains a kind of "iso-sphere-sweeps"
>
> So they are designed only for one equation and not serve general method for part
> of sphere_sweeps ?

Yes, that is true so far.
I.e.: You will have to provide an equation
that the iso sphere sweep can "follow".

> > I hope this helps.
>
> Without your sources not :-)

OK, I'll clean up, simplify, re-write and
post the source code for use in v3.5.
(But not now, because I'm very tired now.)

Tor Olav