POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : iso_sphere_sweep : Re: iso_sphere_sweep Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iso_sphere_sweep
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 3 Jan 2002 17:38:08
Message: <3C34DCEE.48D513F2@hotmail.com>

> Here is sample image of iso_sphere_sweep
> Currently it is designed for linear sphere sweep with constant radius.
> I'm working on float radius just like "traditional" linear sphere_sweep works.
> Render time 11 min on P4 900 MHz iirc.

Wlodek, I too have been working on such a iso sphere
sweep feature as you describe here.

I don't know if you ever saw these two pictures
that I posted to this group earlier: (?)

"Iso-sombrero" (22. Nov. 2000)
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/13218/

and:

"Outside It" (29. Jan 2001)
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/13533/

Both contains a kind of "iso-sphere-sweeps" and
both were made with Mega-POV.

But the "sweeps" within these images are not made
with parametric functions, as some other iso-sphere
sweeps I have seen in here. E.g. by Mike Williams.
He has even made web pages about this:

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/splines.htm

I hope this helps.

Tor Olav