POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Civilization of sorts, or, Fun with crackle : Re: version 3 (final?) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 04:11:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: version 3 (final?)
From: David Fontaine
Date: 16 Dec 2001 16:12:43
Message: <3C1D0F22.CD6E5EDB@faricy.net>
bob h wrote:

> The chipped stone looks good.  What occured to me about the vines, or
> vegetation, is that there isn't any thick ground cover on the lowest flat
> areas.  Guess that could be explained by the predominant places for growth
> being only on angled walls.  Would be great if there were a way to get the
> smaller walls to have less greenery and the larger ones more.  Not sure if
> slope texturing can vary in that way.

I don't think that's possible.  Also, to get better contrast between the
vegetation in the high and low flat areas, I had to make the texture
depend to much on elevation and too little on slope, and couldn't get
realistic contrast between the walls and the flat areas.  I decided this
was an okay compromise.

Maybe I could have a look into combining two vine textures, one more
dependent on elevation and one more on slope.