POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle Algorithms : Particle Algorithms Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  Particle Algorithms
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 7 Dec 2001 06:02:31
Message: <3C10A160.20197E20@gmx.de>
Yet me again!

I've been thinking about trace() and particles, and I wondered.

Particles fly in parabolas as gravity affects them squared, not linear,
so how do you actually calculate rebounces with trace()?

For one, you could shoot several trace()s for the particle while
it moves on it's path, but what, for example, you shoot it up at a
ceiling?
You'd have to check upwards for that, not the direction of flying.
(Hope I'm not misunderstood here... ;)

My question is, what do you guys do in order to get exact results (or
near-exact
results)?

Tim