POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Where IS pov 3.5 for *nix anyway? : Re: Where IS pov 3.5 for *nix anyway? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where IS pov 3.5 for *nix anyway?
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 6 Dec 2001 11:06:25
Message: <3C0F97BD.D69BC419@free.fr>
PoD wrote:

> Why not a source code release of the Beta?
> Surely some more bugs would be found/fixed that way.

Sure. And some people would begin to write patches right away,
against buggy code. And some other would remove the time-limit
of the beta, and distribute the resulting buggy program. And
more people would come and complain to the POV-Team.

I was not very happy about that when I first heard it, but
the above arguments have convinced me that, sadly, this is the
only way to go right now.

There'll be probably more bugs found once the beta is over and
the source available, and we'll then have 3.5a, ..., 3.5g.

Once again, this was addressed several times in povray.beta-test.
Perhaps a "Linux beta" page should indeed be put up, containing
such FAQs.

--
Adrien Beau   adr### [at] freefr   http://adrien.beau.free.fr/