POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Thomas
Date: 6 Dec 2001 08:16:39
Message: <3C0F6F50.57CACFAF@gmx.net>
> Lightflow has no "interface" so I won't talk about that... Lightflow
> is only a library of routines to perform raytracing, the phyton stuff
> is only a port of that library to phyton, if U like ruby more, you
> could use the lib with ruby, if U like java you can use java, if U
> like c++....
> Lightflow has no "standard" scripting language like pov

Well I can download the python version just like that from the server. In order to
use something else I need to roll my own, which is a big problem for a lot of
users. That is maybe the same amount of work that's needed to do you pov 4
wishlist. And following your argument here all you need to do is wait a few months
download the pov 3.5 sources and start patching ;)

Thomas