POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : More scene action on particles : More scene action on particles Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  More scene action on particles
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 6 Dec 2001 06:21:06
Message: <3C0F5438.D5C71467@gmx.de>
Well, now that I know properly how trace() works, why haven't I
seen a scene with particles bound around in a little room, stuffed with
some sphere, cylinders and boxes?

You know, I'd really like to see some physical action there, though I
perhaps
should consider that your (all of you particle-system programmers)
algorithm
for particles lying on a surface have some drawbacks (I had some tricky
stuff
to do until my particles stayed on the ground without problems)...

You see, the drawback of my system, is that it can only calculate
physical rebounce
with a box, which has to be declared beforeend, though I think your
systems
could work with about any set-up of scene, or am I wrong?

I'm not talking about animated objects, just motionless objects, off
which the
particles are repelled.

I hope it's possible and that someone will create an awesome animation
from
this idea...

See you all,

Tim