POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particles again, but something new... : Particles again, but something new... Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Particles again, but something new...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 5 Dec 2001 19:07:12
Message: <3C0EB5B8.6139AF21@gmx.de>
Hi again!

I've made another animation, similiar to the one I first posted,
using the colored spheres.

In this case, the spheres are made of media and have fading
light-sources
attached. In this manner, I achieve a nice glow, much like sparks.

As an additional effect, a particle, when hitting a surface, drops a
tiny
sphere, with same color and light-source, though not as strong. This
does not affect the particle itself, though I am considering implemented

a macro that could take care of that.

You'll notice the moment in which the scenery gets pretty bright. This
is due to the rebounces that take place very often when the particles
finally "dribble" to their lying position: they leave a trail of glowing
particles,
which add up very much...

Hope you enjoy it. I'm currently working on some other animations as
well,
which will also show the disadvantage of the system (since it does not
use
I/O, it has some drawbacks).

Am always happy with critics and comments (or even compliments...)!

Tim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rainbowm.mpg' (271 KB)